I installed a new printer and Quickbooks Pro 2008 just would not print anything--it seemed like after you hit print, the print-job would just disappear (not even get submited)... Then I tried going into File menu --> Printer Setup , but that kept crashing whenever I tried customizing my printer settings...
But nonetheless, i found the fix below, which worked perfectly:
The printer settings are stored in a file called QBPRINT.QBP. This issue most often occurs if that file has become damaged or corrupted. How to fix the problem: Delete the QBPRINT.QBP file and allow QuickBooks to generate a new one.
1 Open My Computer or Windows Explorer and navigate to the correct directory below for your version or QuickBooks.
2 For QuickBooks 2007: Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 2007
3 For QuickBooks 2007: Windows Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2007
( You might have to do an advanced search and search in hidden files)
4 For QuickBooks 2006 and earlier: C:\Program Files\Intuit\[QuickBooks Version]
1. Locate the QBPRINT.QBP file and delete it.
2. Open QuickBooks.
3. Click the File menu and select Printer Setup.
4. Click any one of the transactions in the Form Name drop-down and click OK. This will re-create the QBPRINT.QBP file. (This does not have to be done for each transaction.)
5. Open and print the transaction that was having problems.
Unable to print to a network printer or select a printer in Printer Setup
This article explains what you need to do to print to a network printer and to select a printer in Printer Setup.
Experiencing difficulty printing to a network printer or selecting a printer from the Printer Setup can happen for either of the following reasons:
* The word “on” is in the network path of the shared printer (for example, \\Acme\Hp on Acme) and is not capitalized. QuickBooks sees “on” as a separator for the end of the network path.
* The printer name is more than 64 characters long.
Please select the option below that best fits your situation:
* If you see “on” in the printer name, please change the printer in the WIN.ini (located in the C:\Windows folder) file to display the printer name correctly in the Printer Setup window.
Note: The “on” in the printer name only applies to Operating Systems before Windows XP (i.e. Windows 2000) and will show in the Win.ini as:
(printer name) on Lpt1
* To shorten the printer name to less than 64 characters, please follow these steps:
1. Click the Microsoft Windows Start button, choose Settings, and then choose Printers.
2. Right-click the printer you want to re-name, and select Rename. (Instructions for your version of Windows may vary. Please refer to Windows Help for assistance or additional information.)